Re: POW -- which locales Just Work?

Subject: Re: POW -- which locales Just Work?
From: Karl Ove Hufthammer (huftis@bigfoot.com)
Date: Sat Mar 03 2001 - 15:50:28 CST

----- Original Message -----
From: "Paul Rohr" <paul@abisource.com>
To: "Karl Ove Hufthammer" <huftis@bigfoot.com>; <abiword-dev@abisource.com>
Sent: Saturday, March 03, 2001 3:19 AM

> At 12:46 AM 3/2/01 +0100, Karl Ove Hufthammer wrote:
> >Something like this (attachment: locale_matrix.xml)? Since it's in XML, it's
> >pretty easy to maintain.
>
> Ooooh. Very snazzy. I'm not sure how it renders in pre-CSS browsers,

Well, most browsers *do* support CSS now. And it works in Netscape 4.x -- barely

> but
> it sure looks pretty.
>
> The one thing that's still missing are details for the non-green cells. For
> example, see the footnote-style contents of the other existing matrices:

> A chart like this is most useful when everyone can tell what needs to be
> done to make a particular cell or row or column totally green.

Attached you'll find modified versions of the HTML, XML and XSLT files. They now
support footnotes and the 'unknown' state. As you see, most rows are purple ...

> >I haven't tested bidi support, though (this wasn't available in 0.7.13).
>
> Gotcha.

Well, we only use left-to-right in the Norwegian locale anyway.

--
Karl Ove Hufthammer