Commit/POW: export Applix

Subject: Commit/POW: export Applix
From: Dom Lachowicz (cinamod@hotmail.com)
Date: Sun Mar 04 2001 - 14:32:59 CST

I've committed a simple export filter for Applix Word 4.0. Right now, it is
hidden behind a DEBUG statement.

Now to the POW part - there is a lot of work that needs to be done for this
filter to work better, but fortunately for you, most/all of the grunt work
has already been done for you. This is a great way to get familiar with the
AbiWord export mechanism if you're not familiar already. What needs to be
done?

1) Paragraph properties/styles
2) Text properties/styles
3) "Special" characters
4) Images
5) "Real" styles export

This is all outlined in the ie_exp_Applix.cpp file. Parts 1,2, and 5 should
be really simple. Parts 3 and 4 will probably require more thought.

For extra credit, you can code an Applix import filter. The stub for doing
so is already there and integrated into the Makefile, so all you have to do
is concentrate on the parsing routines and remove one #if 0 from ie_imp.cpp.
This is also a great way to learn how our importers work.

If you need some sample files, I have about 15 that I can give you.

Dom

CVS:
CVS: Committing in .
CVS:
CVS: Modified Files:
CVS: Makefile ie_exp.cpp ie_imp_Applix.cpp ie_imp_Applix.h
CVS: Added Files:
CVS: ie_exp_Applix.cpp ie_exp_Applix.h