Re: Unix Font Manager

Subject: Re: Unix Font Manager
From: WJCarpenter (bill-abisource@carpenter.ORG)
Date: Sun Mar 04 2001 - 14:08:02 CST

tomas> Just an addendum to the my previous email. When I said that
tomas> Hebrew and Russian cannot be displayed in the same document
tomas> under an 8-bit locale, I did not mean that this is not possbile
tomas> in principle, but that it is not possible in AW. This is

What if someday someone implemented locale as an attribute for text
runs? Wouldn't that be a straight-forward piece of work to draw mixed
character sets, simply making the rendering code aware that it should
switch to a different locale's set of fonts?

I've certainly heard on this list that mixing locales in a document is
very common, especially for European users.