[owner-abiword-dev@abisource.com: BOUNCE abiword-dev@abisource.com: Non-member submission from [Paul Rodr?guez <sangretoro@yahoo.com>]]

Subject: [owner-abiword-dev@abisource.com: BOUNCE abiword-dev@abisource.com: Non-member submission from [Paul Rodr?guez ]]
From: Sam TH (sam@uchicago.edu)
Date: Sun Mar 04 2001 - 21:26:32 CST

        sam th
        sam@uchicago.edu
        http://www.abisource.com/~sam/
        GnuPG Key:
        http://www.abisource.com/~sam/key

attached mail follows:

>From owner-abiword-dev@abisource.com Sun Mar 4 21:10:53 2001
From: =?iso-8859-1?Q?Paul_Rodr=EDguez?= <sangretoro@yahoo.com>
To: "Abiword-Dev@Abisource. Com" <abiword-dev@abisource.com>
Subject: multiple language support in Abi, suggestion plus offer to help (non-programmer)
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2001 01:03:17 -0300

Hi everybody, first of all, I'd like to say congratulations to everyone.

It was great to see such an active list and enthusiastic development.

Some thoughts:

The absolute main selling point in a word processor for me (other than an
open source) is multi-language support. Well, real time spell checking
might be more important, but we've got that down. : ) But particularly
important to me is multi-language spell checking. I'd really love for Abi
to be able to automatically spell check for me in the language that I am
writing. I really have no idea what would be involved in implementing this,
but I'd love to help in any way that I can. Sadly, I have no coding skills,
but I believe in the project and have willingness to help.

So I guess this is also a an offer to help in general if there are any
non-programming needs. I'll keep an eye out on the list if anybody has any
ideas.

Some other things that I think would be really wonderful for future plans
are a thesaurus capable of finding words based on the current language and
even computer assisted translation one day.

Cheers, and good luck!

-Paul Rodriguez