Re: PATCH: More BeOS Cleanup

Subject: Re: PATCH: More BeOS Cleanup
From: James Montgomerie (jamie@montgomerie.net)
Date: Mon Mar 05 2001 - 15:05:39 CST

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ithamar R. Adema" <ithamar@ieadev.com>
To: "James Montgomerie" <jamie@montgomerie.net>; <abiword-dev@abisource.com>
Sent: Monday, March 05, 2001 6:07 AM

> Hi Jamie,
>
> Looks good, but only it will break the BeOS PPC build ;( Local
declarations
> of the style "char buffer[iLength+x];" are non-standard, and mostly only
> allowed by gcc (which is not the compiler on BeOS PPC).

I was a bit dubious about them, that's why I wanted to see if it built on
PPC tinderbox.

The text rendering routines are in severe need of speedup anyway - I'll take
a look at them next, and try another memory handling routine then [of
course, if someone gets there before me, I won't complain].

Jamie.