Re: Startup options and configuration file parameters

Subject: Re: Startup options and configuration file parameters
From: Sam TH (sam@uchicago.edu)
Date: Mon Mar 05 2001 - 16:08:09 CST

On Mon, Mar 05, 2001 at 09:18:49PM +0000, rob.campbell@att.net wrote:
> Sam TH wrote:
>
> >>Does AbiWord have any command line startup options?
> >>I'm particularly interested in having Abi start with
> >>zoom set to Page Width.
> >
> >Yes, it does. Try "abiword --help" to see a list.
> >But what you want isn't currently one of them, sadly.
>
> Also, sadly, "abiword --help" doesn't seem to work on
> Windows NT (using cmd.exe or the Cygwin bash shell). It
> just starts an instance of AbiWord. Is it just Windows,
> or has this feature inadvertantly been removed on other
> platforms as well?

That's the unix command line option, sorry. It appears that the
Windows version doesn't have an analagous option. However, the
windows options are:

  -to The target format of the file
                    (abw, zabw, rtf, txt, utf8, html, latex)
  -verbose The verbosity level (0, 1, 2)
  -dumpstrings dump strings strings to file (only on debug builds)
  -geometry geom set initial frame geometry
  -nosplash do not show splash screen

Note that -verbose doesn't do anything, I don't think.

        sam th
        sam@uchicago.edu
        http://www.abisource.com/~sam/
        GnuPG Key: