RE: reminder -- eight spaces != tab

Subject: RE: reminder -- eight spaces != tab
From: WJCarpenter (bill-abisource@carpenter.ORG)
Date: Mon Mar 05 2001 - 16:12:35 CST

paul> Are you confused ... or just feeling grumpy? ;-)

I am not confused and only slightly grumpy (the grumpiness comes from
reading a coding style that thinks that mixing spaces and tabs is OK
 ... it's unambiguously the worst of the 3 possibilities).

However, my point is that the language in the coding standard is
genuinely ambiguous (and easy to fix). Complaining about lack of
following it may be sometimes attacking a symptom instead of the
problem.