abi/src/text/fmt/xp/fv_View.cpp 1.347

Subject: abi/src/text/fmt/xp/fv_View.cpp 1.347
From: Paul Rohr (paul@abisource.com)
Date: Tue Mar 06 2001 - 13:16:59 CST

Aaron,

It's been a month now, and I've never heard back from you with a detailed
proposal for improved AV_FOCUS_NONE drawing behavior.

Lacking such a proposal, we're currently faced with a choice of two
implemented behaviors:

  - one which matches longstanding GUI expectations for anyone with Windows
    or Mac experience, which is an overwhelming percentage of existing
    desktop users, or

  - your version, which is what X junkies might expect.

I'd prefer to have something which Just Works for everyone, but failing that,
it's clear which group we need to favor. Thus, I plan to revert this change
unless you (or someone else) comes up with a better proposal.

Thanks,
Paul