Re: Building the BeOS version???

Subject: Re: Building the BeOS version???
From: James Montgomerie (jamie@montgomerie.net)
Date: Tue Mar 06 2001 - 17:46:16 CST

----- Original Message -----
From: "Sam TH" <sam@uchicago.edu>
Sent: Tuesday, March 06, 2001 10:11 PM

> On Tue, Mar 06, 2001 at 09:48:47PM +0100, Per Ronny Westereng wrote:
>
> > Hi!
> >
> > Thanks, that worked. Now it starts to compile, but stops after a while
with
> > an error. Since it did not go far in the building process, I show you
from
> > start to error:
> >

> > HMMMMM.....
> >
> > --per ronny
>
> Can you do an 'ls -lR' of your expat/lib directory? That would help
> me figure out what's going wrong here.
>
> You might also try a make clean in your expat directory.

If you've checked the files out onto a FAT (i.e. Windows-formatted)
partition, the file system won't be able to create links (because Windows
has no concept of links), and the build might fail (I haven't tried building
on a FAT partition personally, but from the errors that looks like what's
going wrong).

Jamie.