Re: Commit: A boat load of things

Subject: Re: Commit: A boat load of things
From: WJCarpenter (bill-abisource@carpenter.ORG)
Date: Tue Mar 06 2001 - 16:46:49 CST

john> Given this behavior, is it really necessary to implement a
john> complex structure to make individual "Igores" maintain state?
john> If you really want Abiword to forget about a misspelling, I
john> would think "Ignore All" is your ticket.

I have a different use case in mind. Suppose I'm writing a novel and
I type this:

   What if he says, "Sez who?"

I want to mark that particular instance of "sez" as ingored, but I
don't want to generally ignore it because I might mistakenly type it
into a document and want the spellchecker to help me out.

So, "ignore all" doesn't work for that kind of case, which I claim is
reasonably common (e.g., technical acronyms in a non-technical
context). There are also similar cases where a particular misspelling
is appropriate throughout a particular document, but not in others.
For those, adding to the dictionary is not appropriate, but "ignore
all" will be great once it persists.