abi/src/wp/ap/win/ap_Win32Frame.cpp rev. 1.55

Subject: abi/src/wp/ap/win/ap_Win32Frame.cpp rev. 1.55
From: Paul Rohr (paul@abisource.com)
Date: Tue Mar 06 2001 - 13:16:18 CST

Mike,

Could you explain more about the intent of this revision, and how much of it
you think should be preserved? I'm getting tempted to revert the whole
thing, but I hate to take such a drastic step if it's not needed.

Here's why I'm tempted.

I've been trying to figure out why our redraws on NT while scrolling are so
much worse than they used to be. I used to be able to cleanly do rapid
keyboard-level scrolling with the up and down arrows. Now it leaves lots of
artifacts on my P233 laptop.

The bug is so obnoxious that I figured it must be recent, so I went to the
bother of downloading recent binaries to isolate the change. I was quite
surprised to realize that it appeared between 0.7.9 and 0.7.10 -- and nobody
noticed enough to complain. :-(

Anyhow, I used Bonsai to look at all Win32 changes during that period, and
this revision of yours is highly suspect. In particular, I'm focusing on
the HSCROLL/VSCROLL changes. Also, it looks like you took out all of Jeff's
logic to isolate standalone scrollbar widgets, which will be needed as soon
as we support multiple view types. (You know those little widgets that go
next to the bottom scrollbar in other WPs?)

This seems like more than "Cleaned it up a bit." :-)

Paul,
who's been downloading binaries all morning on a 21.6 connection