Re: Comments and new bugzilla

Subject: Re: Comments and new bugzilla
From: Sam TH (sam@uchicago.edu)
Date: Sun Mar 11 2001 - 00:51:50 CST

On Sun, Mar 11, 2001 at 01:07:35AM -0500, Tom Briggs wrote:

> First and foremore, thank you for getting us a newer version of
> bugzilla (even if it isn't live yet). Thank you a million times over.

You're quite welcome. Thank the people in #mozwebtools too, since I
keep making really dumb mistakes. :-)

> Two quick comments:
>
> 1. Any chance we can get an "All Windows" OpSys value, or something
> similar? Some bugs are Win9x specific, some are WinNT specific, and some
> aren't version specific at all; it'd be nice to be able to differentiate
> (how many times has somebody reported a bug and had Dom and I say
> "works for me on Win2k"?).

Sure.

> 2. Though I'm sure you're already aware of this, I'll say it to make
> myself feel better: the OpSys values for Windows platforms in our current
> bugzilla setup are "Windows 95" and "Windows NT", while the OpSys values
> for Windows platforms in the new bugzilla are "Windows 95/98" and "Windows
> NT/2000". It appears that the values in the existing bugzilla database
> will need to be modified to reflect the new strings, as currently any
> searches performed using one of the Windows OpSys values returns no bugs.
> presumably due to the differing string values (and they're in there,
> believe me :P).

Doh. I'll fix that. (That's why I have the MySQL SQL reference
bookmarked.)

sam th --- sam@uchicago.edu --- http://www.abisource.com/~sam/
OpenPGP Key: CABD33FC --- http://samth.dyndns.org/key
DeCSS: http://samth.dynds.org/decss