Re: Bug status week 10

Subject: Re: Bug status week 10
From: Tom Briggs (tomabi@jules.briggs.cx)
Date: Sun Mar 11 2001 - 12:02:41 CST

On 11 Mar 2001, Jesper Skov wrote:

> good happening in the QA/Submitted states since last week. We're still
> looking in particular for Windows users to help get the counts down.

   Out of curiousity, how are you determining which bugs are Windows bugs?
I've found an awful lot of bugs in Bugzilla marked as Win95 and WinNT that
aren't really Windows specific. I think that they are marked as such
solely because that's when Bugzilla defaults to when entering a bug with a
Windows browser, and the modify bug page doesn't allow the operating
system to be modified.

   For example, a quick search of Bugzilla shows that there are 10 bugs
marked SUBMITTED with an OpSys value of either WinNT or Win95. Of those
10, only 5 are actually Windows-specific.

   Now, until we get the updated Bugzilla (go Sam, go Sam...) I don't
think we can do anything about properly setting these values (not easily
anyway), but at least we should be aware of it.

   -Tom