Re: TODO icons and labels (was Re: how should we localize locale names?)

Subject: Re: TODO icons and labels (was Re: how should we localize locale names?)
From: Tom Briggs (tomabi@jules.briggs.cx)
Date: Sun Mar 11 2001 - 12:05:59 CST

On Sun, 11 Mar 2001, [iso-8859-1] Joaquín Cuenca Abela wrote:

> For instance, I'm the maintainer of the spanish translation, and when
> I see a TODO label or toolbar item, it only gives me a reason to
> change the LANG to en_US.

   Then I submit to you that you shouldn't be maintaining the Spanish
translation.
   Maybe falling back to English works for you, but what about those
people that don't speak English? TODO icons are as incomprehensible to
them as English icons - why place the burden on the user when we should be
placing it on the translator?

   -Tom