Where should Headers/footers dialog be?

Subject: Where should Headers/footers dialog be?
From: Martin Sevior (msevior@mccubbin.ph.unimelb.edu.au)
Date: Mon Mar 12 2001 - 06:02:49 CST

HI everyone,
            I hope to finish the headers/footers back end by the end of
the week. If so I'll implement a little dialog to manipulate them like
this:

-----------------------------------
Insert Header X | Insert Footer X
Delete Header X | Delete Footer X
Edit Header X | Edit Footer X
-----------------------------------
 Apply X Cancel X
-----------------------------------

Where X's are checkboxes appropriately enabled/disabled given the current
status of header/footers at the insertion point.

Now MSWord labels this dialog "Show Header/Footer" and puts it under the
"View" menu list which I always found extremely confusing.

Abi has an greyed-out entry for "Show Header/Footer" also under View. Now
given that you can just click in a Header/Footer to edit it in Abi (unlike
MS Word) I think we should label this dialog "Edit Header/Footer" and
place it under the "Edit" menu list.

Opinions?

Cheers!

Martin