Re: Pre-scroll

Subject: Re: Pre-scroll
From: Mike Nordell (tamlin@algonet.se)
Date: Thu Mar 15 2001 - 08:27:52 CST

Martin Sevior wrote:
[me trying to explain pre-scroll]

> Gee Mike, tried emacs recently?

It was some years ago. Isn't "vi" enough for a 4MB 386 slackware? :-)
Last time I checked, Emacs was about 18MB (IIRC). That felt a bit large for
an _editor_.

> VC doesn't do this?

The only thing this editor does is mis-indent switches and terminate the IDE
(without a warning) if you tell it to "complete" (like
command-line-completion) nested datatypes. :-<

> I like this in Emacs and I'd like it in Abi. Where in the preferences do
> you think it should go? Of course the number 4 would be a changable
> default.

Of course, I did write "if you set it to 4". Using a wysiwyg editor, perhaps
we should instead use distances (like inches for the ANSI world and mm for
the ISO world)?

Where in the prefs should it go? Good question. "Misc Settings"?

/Mike