Re: pruning "redundant" properties while editing

Subject: Re: pruning "redundant" properties while editing
From: Paul Rohr (paul@abisource.com)
Date: Thu Mar 15 2001 - 13:23:38 CST

At 11:23 AM 3/14/01 -0500, Randy Kramer wrote:
>I think I better retract the statement in this note. I am getting very
>confused, and probably not doing something consistently. I'll try this
>again after my head clears and try to give an accurate report. (Maybe
>tomorrow.)

One suggestion that may help.

When I implemented a lot of the original edit/format interactions, it
quickly became clear that no matter what formatting operation you were
talking about, behaviors would differ depending on whether:

  - you have consistent props for the entire selection
  - the props vary within the selection

You may be getting bit by something similar.

Note that ruler bug #1 from my dogfood post last month is due to this kind
of variance: