RE: Suggestion

Subject: RE: Suggestion
From: Joaquin Cuenca Abela (cuenca@celium.net)
Date: Thu Mar 22 2001 - 05:56:00 CST

Martin wrote:

> On Wed, 21 Mar 2001, Art Kappler wrote:
>
> > Hi:
> >
> > When document is "saved," cannot the last cursor position be
> recorded as well?
> >
> > When closed on purpose, or through a / (another) required
> machine reboot, the document can be reopened, and be ready for
> functional operation.
> >
> > Art
>
> This would actually be easy to implement. We just need to save the current
> insertion point of the view from the which the document was saved. In the
> header of the our XML file. This appears to be a
> nice sexy feature that is easy to implement.
>
> Any objections? Does it violate some Church secretary or XML rule?

I think so. Imagine that you open a doc, you hit the right arrow and... abi
marks it as "modified" (if you don't mark it as "modified", and the user
quits abiword, it will not be saved, and thus the new cursor position will
be lost).

I think that this kind of information should be saved in a "session file" or
something like that.

Cheers,

--
Joaquin Cuenca Abela