Re: Commit: fix that spelling + images bug

Subject: Re: Commit: fix that spelling + images bug
From: Mike Nordell (tamlin@algonet.se)
Date: Fri Mar 23 2001 - 15:03:24 CST

Dom wrote:
> Ok, so I've fixed that bug where spellcheck & images don't play nicely
with
> one another, or at least in the cases that we discussed. Right now, as far
> as the spell-checker is concerned, images don't exist.

I don't think this is correct. If I insert an object, no matter what kind,
it's in my mind definitely two different words before and after this object.
To merge these into one word seems to resemble stenography, and I'm not sure
that's a job for AbiWord. :-)

But while speaking spell-checking: should we perhaps add a document property
"spell_checked_ok"? I'm getting quite tired of watching AbiWord chew away
CPU cycles every time I open even a CVS document that is known to be
correct.

/Mike - don't cc