Re: Commit: fix that spelling + images bug

Subject: Re: Commit: fix that spelling + images bug
From: WJCarpenter (bill-abisource@carpenter.ORG)
Date: Fri Mar 23 2001 - 18:09:11 CST

mike> But while speaking spell-checking: should we perhaps add a
mike> document property "spell_checked_ok"? I'm getting quite tired of
mike> watching AbiWord chew away CPU cycles every time I open even a
mike> CVS document that is known to be correct.

That, per se, doesn't sound right.

However, I think the desire is a by-product of a mis-factored
preferences system. Today we have cross-app prefrences and per-app
preferences. The distinction between them is extremely blurry and
bears refactoring in any case. I think there should be a third
category ... per-document preferences.

If such a thing existed, you would get your wish by setting a
per-document preference of turning off spell-checking. Certainly
recipients of documents you create don't need to spell-check them
except to try to humiliate you. :-)