RE: no locale fallbacks for dictionaries (was Re: Commit: fix that spelling + images bug)

Subject: RE: no locale fallbacks for dictionaries (was Re: Commit: fix that spelling + images bug)
From: WJCarpenter (bill-abisource@carpenter.ORG)
Date: Sat Mar 24 2001 - 11:09:29 CST

paul> NOTE -- This also implies that if we get an document of unmixed
paul> en-GB content, and only have an en-US dictionary available (the
paul> current case), then we shouldn't spell-check that document *at
paul> all*, rather than misapply the best available dictionary.

I agree with this way of doing it. With the possible caveat of
letting the user say in some way that they wanted spellchecking with a
whacked dictionary.