Re: Big bug?

Subject: Re: Big bug?
From: Dom Lachowicz (cinamod@hotmail.com)
Date: Sat Mar 24 2001 - 20:59:14 CST

>Is there a coalescing problem? If so, perhaps the solution is to add
>special case logic to break the undo coalescing chain at the save point.
>It's been quite a while since I looked at that portion of the PT code, but
>I'm guessing it shouldn't be too hard to localize such a change.

Exactly. The specific problem is that coalesce is called. So your new data
gets coalesced into the previous run after the save, so now nothing your new
text is added to the previous undo block (probably the right idea) but the
document is never marked as dirty because m_startPosition ==
m_currentPosition.

Dom