Re: commit: Complete Dom's page colour work.

Subject: Re: commit: Complete Dom's page colour work.
From: Vlad Harchev (hvv@hippo.ru)
Date: Sun Mar 25 2001 - 02:49:25 CST

On Sun, 25 Mar 2001, Martin Sevior wrote:

> On Sun, 25 Mar 2001, Vlad Harchev wrote:
>
> > On Sun, 25 Mar 2001, Martin Sevior wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > What I'm dreaming about now is ability to set page color *on display* only
> > (not for printed version). I hate white page color - it hurts eyes and burns
> > monitor, but I don't want the sheets I'm printing on be filled with grey or
> > something like it (it's the way I intrepret this page colour commit).
> >
> > Could you guys add ability to set page color on screen? Of course the
> > setting should be written to preferences file, and not saved with doc. Just
> > use that color instead of white when no page/sheet color was specified by the
> > user.
> >
> > Word95 has this option and I used it when I was using Word..
> >

> I see your point. One way to do this is to add an "Always Print
> White Background" option on either the preferences or print dialog. If
> activated it would override the background-color setting.
>
> Now I think about it I don't think the printing code honours the
> background-color property. I'll check this right away.

 Hmm, I thought the work that was committed was intended for printing, or at
least exporting to other formats (html, .doc, .rtf) and is per-document
attribute.

 Anyway page color for display should be persistent preference, not
per-document attibute (obviously I don't want to set page color for each
document I open manually).

 As for "Always Print White Background" setting - yes, this is a must too IMO.

> Cheers
>
> Martin

 Best regards,
  -Vlad