Re: commit: Complete Dom's page colour work.

Subject: Re: commit: Complete Dom's page colour work.
From: Martin Sevior (msevior@mccubbin.ph.unimelb.edu.au)
Date: Sun Mar 25 2001 - 05:21:46 CST

On Sun, 25 Mar 2001, Vlad Harchev wrote:

> Hmm, I thought the work that was committed was intended for printing, or at
> least exporting to other formats (html, .doc, .rtf) and is per-document
> attribute.

Yes indeed it is. However exporting to those other formats is not
implemented yet.

> Anyway page color for display should be persistent preference, not
> per-document attibute (obviously I don't want to set page color for each
> document I open manually).

Ah I misunderstood. This departs a bit from the WYSISWYG framework.
However you ask for something could be rather easily implemented by
interpreting the default color setting "transparent" from White to
whatever the color the user requests. Upon printing "transperent" would be
white again. I can see that this behaviour could easily be confusing
though. The user might think they have a blue background in their doc when
in fact it's just a different setting for "transparent".

> As for "Always Print White Background" setting - yes, this is a must too IMO.

I agree. I think perhaps it should be a checked item in the print dialog.

Cheers

Martin

PS. I've got to fix printing now. It doesn't work with the new page
colours.