Re: commit: Complete Dom's page colour work.

Subject: Re: commit: Complete Dom's page colour work.
From: Vlad Harchev (hvv@hippo.ru)
Date: Sun Mar 25 2001 - 04:53:18 CST

On Sun, 25 Mar 2001, Martin Sevior wrote:

> On Sun, 25 Mar 2001, Vlad Harchev wrote:
> >
> > Hmm, I thought the work that was committed was intended for printing, or at
> > least exporting to other formats (html, .doc, .rtf) and is per-document
> > attribute.
>
> Yes indeed it is. However exporting to those other formats is not
> implemented yet.

 Yes, but support for other formats will be implemented in the future I hope.

> > Anyway page color for display should be persistent preference, not
> > per-document attibute (obviously I don't want to set page color for each
> > document I open manually).
> >

> Ah I misunderstood. This departs a bit from the WYSISWYG framework.
> However you ask for something could be rather easily implemented by
> interpreting the default color setting "transparent" from White to
> whatever the color the user requests. Upon printing "transperent" would be
> white again. I can see that this behaviour could easily be confusing
> though. The user might think they have a blue background in their doc when
> in fact it's just a different setting for "transparent".

 It's a bad excuse for not implementing this feature. :)

 Hmm, we can make this preference defaulting to white, so unless user
explicitly changed it, the background will be white. But if they changed it
explicitly - they have to blame theirseves.

> > As for "Always Print White Background" setting - yes, this is a must too IMO.
> >

> I agree. I think perhaps it should be a checked item in the print dialog.

 Yes, I also think default should be "on" for it.

> Cheers
>
> Martin
>
> PS. I've got to fix printing now. It doesn't work with the new page
> colours.

 Best regards,
  -Vlad