Re: commit - Fix persistent ignore words stuff

Subject: Re: commit - Fix persistent ignore words stuff
From: WJCarpenter (bill-abisource@carpenter.ORG)
Date: Sun Mar 25 2001 - 10:58:11 CST

mike> As we (once again) can see these macros are hurting readability
mike> and understandability. Had these macros not hidden this it would
mike> have been a rather obvious error to not call the array form of
mike> delete.

Though I agree about the macros, I think this error would be made just
as often without them. (I should know since I believe I made the one
under discussion in this thread.) I think it's just one of the ragged
edges of C++ that people will forget the brackets. Yeah, it's rather
obvious ... once you look back at it. (BTW, I think it's not obvious
to a fair number of C++ programmers. Not obvious because they don't
know it.)