Re: Commit: diable background colors

Subject: Re: Commit: diable background colors
From: Martin Sevior (msevior@mccubbin.ph.unimelb.edu.au)
Date: Sun Mar 25 2001 - 19:39:38 CST

On Sun, 25 Mar 2001, Dom Lachowicz wrote:

> >I've also #if 0'd out the 10 lines of code causing all of our excessive
> >flicker and redraw until either:
> >1) after the next release when we can devote time to fixing this or
> >2) someone (maybe me or martin) fixes those aforementioned bugs
>
> I hate replying to myself, but this is just wierd...
>
> Ok, so I #if 0'd out those 10 lines of code to kill the flicker (and
> presumably the feature as a whole), and it turns out that we not only get
> flicker-free drawing, but the feature still works (wtf :)??

I guess you commented out the code in the fp_Page.cpp. That was only put
in for printing support. The code should display to screen fine. Sorry I
didn't test typing with the printing support enabled.

> I'm happily surprised. So now we get flicker-free text with a
> document/section background color drawn to screen.
>
> Now textruns get printed out with a highlight color == the document
> background color, which is another bug in-and-of itself, but I'll fix that
> pretty quickly.

We can fix all this really easily. Instead of your #ifdef just do

FV_View pView = getOwningSection->getLayout->getView();
if(!pView)
{
   do stuff
}

If there is no view pointer we are printing so we need that code. I'll do
this myself after I finishing recompiling from the night commits.

Let me handle all this. I've got some more code to enable Vlad's feature
request of choice of Screen color.

Regarding the the "color" vs "colour" thing, it was just my attempt at
humour :-)

Sorry for any offense.

I'm glad to hear that gnome-print works fine for you, I guess it's just my
weird laptop again.

*sigh*

Cheers

Martin