Re: commit: persistent ignored words

Subject: Re: commit: persistent ignored words
From: Martin Sevior (msevior@mccubbin.ph.unimelb.edu.au)
Date: Wed Mar 28 2001 - 00:30:08 CST

On Tue, 27 Mar 2001, WJCarpenter wrote:

> paul> although I'm not sure whether we'd need to indicate *which*
> paul> document's ignored words list is currently being edited.
>
> Oh, I think you definitely want to. For the common case of a person
> editing a single document at a time (the vi-oriented AbiWord users),
> they'd just ignore the extra info. For mutliple open documents, you
> need a way to keep track. A person might want to copy the ignored
> words from one document to another, for example.

Sounds like a perfect candiate for a Modeless Dialog (TM) :-)

One day when I'm feeling brave I'll make the spell check modeless too. We
need to move all that nice xp code in the dialog into FV_View.

Then we can leave the selected areas greyed to show which area in which
doc is being spell-checked. This is what focus == FOCUS_MODELESS does.

Cheers!

Martin