Re: adding ispell hash files

Subject: Re: adding ispell hash files
From: Tomas Frydrych (tomas@frydrych.uklinux.net)
Date: Wed Mar 28 2001 - 06:57:37 CST

> Vlad:
> That thread has started on March 16, in message with title
> "problem seems to be solved: unreadable .hash files
(dictionaries)".
> I've forwarded that mail to you.
Thanks Vlad, followed you instructions and have got a working en-
GB.hash now :-). For the benefit of anyone else wanting to build a
hash file to work with abi:

If you have a hash file called my.hash and run a 'file my.hash' on
Linux, it should report that the file is ispell 3.1 hash file, 8-bit, with
26 flags and 100 character strings. If it reports anything else it is
(probably) not going to work.

A hash file for Abi needs to be built using the default values from
the ispell package except for changing to 8-bit hash file instead of
the
default 7-bit. To do this either create local.h and add #undef
NO8BITS or
change this setting in config.X

WARNING: if your ispell came with your Linux distribution, it is
possible it has been patched; this is the case with SuSE Linux
(patched to produce 8-bit, 56 flags, 128 char strings hashes which
do not work with AW). If this is the case, it is easiest to install the
original ispell package rather than trying to undo the distribution
changes.

Tomas