adding ispell hash files

Subject: adding ispell hash files
From: Tomas Frydrych (tomas@frydrych.uklinux.net)
Date: Wed Mar 28 2001 - 03:05:47 CST

I would like to add an en-GB.hash, but the one I have got does not
work with our ispell. If I recall corretly, Vlad recently suggested how
a conversion from one format to another could be done, but I have
not been able to locate the posting in the list archives. Further, how
do I produce the Big Endian version of the hash file on a LE
machine?

Also, where should we put any additional dictionaries? The default
american.hash is located in abidistfiles, but this is a required
package while the extra dictionaries should be optional; we are
talking about fairly large files, possibly 2M+, so I think we should
make them available individually. Perhaps we might want to create
a new CVS module 'abioptional' and put the dictionaries in a
directory 'dictionaries' within it, probably providing a tgz and zip
versions of each dictionary, and adding a link at the webpage. Any
objections/suggestions?

Tomas