Test Docs, BeOS

Subject: Test Docs, BeOS
From: Michael D. Crawford (crawford@goingware.com)
Date: Wed Mar 28 2001 - 23:26:21 CST

It looks like I have some time to work on the BeOS port of AbiWord.

I stayed up all night last night, though, and can only work on it a couple
hours tonight. If you can put off tagging the tree for another day I can get
up around 9 EST tomorrow morning and make sure that BeOS builds and at least
runs moderately well, and do some testing.

Do you have an archive of test documents? My testing will be made much easier
if I can just open a lot of documents to see that they render correctly or at
least don't make AbiWord crash. I'd want both AbiWord native docs, Microsoft
Word docs that are known to be challenging, and any other formats you support
at least for import.

I'm just about to do an anonymous CVS checkout on my Slackware Linux laptop (I
could probably also build and test a proper Slackware package, BTW - but I
have the glibc 2.2 from slackware-current installed, my builds may not be
binary compatible with the currently shipping Slackware 7.1. This is
important though, as I found bugs in the g++ that ships with Slackware 7.1

Mike

--
Michael D. Crawford
http://www.goingware.com/