Re: Release postponed indefinitely

Subject: Re: Release postponed indefinitely
From: Thomas Fletcher (thomasf@qnx.com)
Date: Thu Mar 29 2001 - 13:33:14 CST

On Thu, 29 Mar 2001, Dom Lachowicz wrote:

> Ok, here are my issues:
>
> Select all doesn't work. For me, it has the effect on my box of warping
> into/selecting the header. Select All, then click outside of the header.
> Then hit undo - KABOOM! Jesper confirms that Ctrl-A does that on his box
> (Ctrl-A should be select all)
>
> Also, if your doc has a header on the 2nd page, scrolling down won't let you
> jump pages (same goes for footers). To duplicate: insert a header, and then
> a page break. Go to the 1st page. Now try to scroll down.
>
> I assume that Martin knows what to do here in both situations better than I
> (both are related to editable headers/footers), so until these are fixed,
> the release is postponed. The tree will be tagged immediately after these
> fixed get checked in.

May I suggest that it might be worthwhile for use to go
through and build "official packages" and test them for
even a day since I'm sure that there are some other things
that crop up that might need addressing. It just seems
that closing the tree, then building packages and shipping
them doesn't give a grace period for fixing bugs which
were introduced in a rush to get code into the tree for
the freeze.

Thomas ... all about soft freezes.

Thomas (toe-mah) Fletcher QNX Software Systems
thomasf@qnx.com Neutrino Development Group
(613)-591-0931 http://www.qnx.com/~thomasf