Re: The "Allow screen colors other than White" option

Subject: Re: The "Allow screen colors other than White" option
From: Martin Sevior (msevior@mccubbin.ph.unimelb.edu.au)
Date: Sat Mar 31 2001 - 16:05:24 CST

On Sat, 31 Mar 2001, Tom Briggs wrote:

> Is it just me or is this option mis-named? From looking at the code in
> ap_UnixDialog_Options.cpp, it appears that the option simply toggles
> whether or not that "Choose Screen Color" button is enabled. If that's
> all it's supposed to do, shouldn't that option simply be removed? Or am I
> missing someting?

It does these things.

If you have a non-transperent color for the abi canvas it is enabled and
you can choose a different screen color.

If you have a transperent screen color (defaults to white) the option to
choose a different color for you canvas is disabled.

If you want to choose a new screen color you must press the check box,
then press choose a new color.

If you want to make you screen color go transparent (white) uncheck the
box.

I personally really like this feature. I now default to a non-white
pastel shade. It is much easier on my eyes and playing with the screen
color gives me something to do while searching for inspiration on what
I write.

Anyway the reason it is like this to try to distinguish it from the
"Background color" which both printable and exportable. This color is pure
eye-candy.

I'm open to suggestions for better wording or different GUI behaviour.

Cheers

Martin