Re: [owner-abiword-dev@abisource.com: BOUNCE abiword-dev@abisource.com: Non-member submission from [Mitch Allmond <gte203h@prism.gatech.edu>]]

Subject: Re: [owner-abiword-dev@abisource.com: BOUNCE abiword-dev@abisource.com: Non-member submission from [Mitch Allmond ]]
From: Leonard Rosenthol (leonardr@lazerware.com)
Date: Tue May 01 2001 - 08:22:47 CDT

At 05:03 PM 5/1/2001 +0500, Vlad Harchev wrote:
> It may also be not very diffucult to detect whether ps2pdf is installed and
>offer saving file to .pdf when printing directly (invoking ps2pdf on
>temporary .ps file).
         I would much rather see us take an XP approach to this problem,
which means either finally moving the PS generation to XP OR using a PDF
library to do direct to PDF generation. Also, if we go the former route,
we will want/need to start including PDFMARKS in our generated PS to make
the PDF's smarter (bookmarks, hyperlinks, etc.) than simple "print outs"
(which is one issue I have with gnome-print!).

LDR