Re: Call for writers - help us with the user documentation

Subject: Re: Call for writers - help us with the user documentation
From: Paul Rohr (paul@abisource.com)
Date: Tue May 01 2001 - 15:54:08 CDT

At 03:58 AM 4/30/01 +0100, rms@greymalkin.yi.org wrote:
>Terribly more important things won't make it into 1.0 because after the
>mythical 0.9 no new features will be added (stupid imho) because some
>(irresponsible perhaps?) minds want a 1.0 at all costs, but will be delayed
>for the sake of a small amount of documentation?

I assume that you're very frustrated, but please apologize for this.

I am neither stupid or irresponsible. To my knowledge, neither is anyone
else who's been advocating that we ship a 1.0 release like many of us have
always intended to do.

Software teams that don't draw a feature line never ship.
Software products that never ship are, in the long run, doomed to fail.

You have every right to diagree as passionately as you'd like, but you have
no right to be rude about it.

Paul