ispell broken in CVS, right?

Subject: ispell broken in CVS, right?
From: Paul Rohr (paul@abisource.com)
Date: Tue May 01 2001 - 19:33:33 CDT

I've finally got a fresh view of the tree, and as far as I can tell, there's
no way to get ispell-based squiggles working on any platform without some
sort of API change.

Essentially down in ISpellChecker::requestDictionary() there's a hardcoded
"american.hash" which, of course, can never be located. Even if we're not
going to honor AP_PREF_KEY_SpellCheckWordList, we still need some way for
that method to look for dictionaries relative to AP_PREF_KEY_SpellDirectory.

(The PSpell wrapper classes don't have this problem, because we have no idea
where pspell or its dictionaries live.)

This is probably the same problem that Pavel Roskin ran across last month: