New Topic: Packages

Subject: New Topic: Packages
rms@greymalkin.yi.org
Date: Wed May 02 2001 - 21:17:12 CDT

Hi,

 In this recent wave of new topics for discussion, here's another:

   Do not forget to sign the packages of abiword (releases, of course).
   This way, we can know whether we're downloading a version that can have a modicum of trust that it won't be a trojan horse, among other advantages.

   You think we shouldn't do this? Funny.. why does RedHat do so, Ximian as well (look at gnome 1.4), and I believe many other distributions do as well? They must surely just like to waste some cpu cycles, of course! :)

Hugs, rms