Re: Commit: autoconf and new import/export framework

Subject: Re: Commit: autoconf and new import/export framework
From: Sam TH (sam@uchicago.edu)
Date: Thu May 03 2001 - 10:48:07 CDT

On Thu, May 03, 2001 at 11:27:44AM -0400, Dom Lachowicz wrote:
> [ap/xap stuff discussed]
>
> What I wanted to do was to add this to an ap_App baseclass. Seeing as how
> there is none (and I wanted to get every platform working with 1 LOC) I
> added this to xap_App. It's wrong, I admit as such. I did ask about it,
> though, and here are my thoughts:
>
> an IE_Imp or IE_Exp structure has the potential of being completely generic,
> and thus can live as an interface/abstract class. All my code does is call:
>
> IE_Imp::init(); IE_Exp:init();
>
> and that's all. Now, my argument is that we should have something like this:
>
> af/xap/xp/IE_Imp and wp/ap/xp/abi_IE_Imp which is a subclass. So now we can
> do something like the following maybe:
>
> IE_Imp::instance().init();
>
> Just a thought. If you want this out of xap-land, please add those 2 lines
> and the 1 #include to each ap_XXXApp's initialize function. I'm loathe to do
> it myself.

As I said, I like your idea better than putting it all back in ap/.
So, if you do the af/xap/xp/ie* stuff, that would make me happy. As
long as we don't have af/ including ap/ stuff.

Also, I think it would be good to hear what Paul thinks the plan used
to be.

sam th --- sam@uchicago.edu --- http://www.abisource.com/~sam/
OpenPGP Key: CABD33FC --- http://samth.dyndns.org/key
DeCSS: http://samth.dynds.org/decss