Re: Topic: Versioning scheme and 1.0

Subject: Re: Topic: Versioning scheme and 1.0
From: WJCarpenter (bill-abisource@carpenter.ORG)
Date: Thu May 03 2001 - 14:08:01 CDT

ms> I also think Abi can do lots and lots of things that Word Pad
ms> can't.

I agree with this (well, maybe I'd say "lots" instead of "lots and
lots"), but that is not the way to pose the question. The way to look
at it is, "Will the average Joe/Jane think AbiWord is more like
WordPad or more like MSWord?"

To me, today, AbiWord looks more like the "lite" version of a product
you get bundled with something else or you buy for a few bucks from
Softkey or some similar publisher. It almost makes you think, "There
must a a 'pro' version of this around here somewhere that I have to
pay for to get the heavy-duty features."