Re: time to publicly designate maintainers & checkers?

Subject: Re: time to publicly designate maintainers & checkers?
From: Paul Rohr (paul@abisource.com)
Date: Thu May 03 2001 - 20:03:29 CDT

At 07:46 PM 5/3/01 -0500, Sam TH wrote:
>On Thu, May 03, 2001 at 11:08:47PM +0100, Rui M Silva wrote:
>> I propose that Pierre Abbat and me share the maintenance and
>> checking of locale's... but this is a sensible issue... there are
>> languages we have no idea if they are right or not.
>
>I think the idea was to have one maintainer per langauge. Right,
>Paul?

You're both right.

We still need for Rui and Pierre to do the work they're doing (integrating
updates from individual translators into the tree). That's very valuable
work.

However, the goal here was to identify who to complain to when a translation
is wrong or out of date. For example, we want everyone to know that Tim
Allen's currently deciding what the id-ID translation for "template" should
be.

I'm not sure that the maintainer/checker distinction is quite as relevant
here, although we *could* use some checkers who'd be willing to tackle steps
2-4 of the following POW: