Re: Ted.

Subject: Re: Ted.
From: Martin Sevior (msevior@mccubbin.ph.unimelb.edu.au)
Date: Thu May 03 2001 - 20:07:00 CDT

On Thu, 3 May 2001, Paul Rohr wrote:

> 3. Clipboard. It might be nice to interoperate with their PRIMARY RTF and
> PNG copy/paste operations, but I don't know how feasible that'd be.

They don't export their clipboard text to the X-selection
mechanism. Asking the author if he would be willing to support this would
be a good way to start a dialog.

> >I love stealing GPL code :-)
>
> I totally agree with this sentiment, but ... stealing? Who said anything
> about stealing? We prefer the word "sharing", no? ;-)

Yes it's sharing. It's kind of a running joke in GNOME community to
talk of "stealing" someone's GPL'd code :-) It emphasizes the cool things
one can do with GPL'd applications. Except if you're QT, Mozilla or Open
Office which require dual licensing. They can't do tricks like this.

Cheers!

Martin