RE: SVG and compound images

Subject: RE: SVG and compound images
From: Duncan Lock (duncan.lock@ROC-OFFICE.CO.UK)
Date: Fri May 04 2001 - 09:02:06 CDT

Hi,
        My earlier post gave the syntax for external images. I appologise.
Also a compliant SVG viewer should support PNG, JPEG and SVG images,
according to the spec. This would presumably allow recursive images? This
sounds fun.
        I haven't seen anything in the spec about inline images (as in
embedded in the same .xml file, presumably uuencoded in a MIME-style block?)
but I've been wrong before and may well be wrong again. I will have dig and
see what I can find.

Dunc.