Re: en-GB missing strings

Subject: Re: en-GB missing strings
From: Alan Horkan (horkana@tcd.ie)
Date: Fri May 04 2001 - 10:46:37 CDT

What Tomas said

> en-GB is missing a lot of strings that are in en-US. How can that be, since the
> file is just a copy with a few words changed?

That is on purpose; no to waste space en-GB only contains the
strings that are different from en-US

Tomas

What im saying (same thing in a verbose way)

Its not a copy its more like a Diff.

British English is a dialect of English so it seemed best to save a few
kilobytes and only inlucde the words that differ and let the en-US words
show through when they were exactly the same
Since Abiword no longer displays TODO when the labels are wrong, it
means dialects can avoid unnecessary repitition.

Check CVS blame and ask whoever committed it, if my explaination is not
adequate (it was probably Tomas)