Re: Topic: Plugins and 1.0

Subject: Re: Topic: Plugins and 1.0
From: Dom Lachowicz (cinamod@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri May 04 2001 - 11:39:34 CDT

>I assume that most plugins are going to be 3rd party stand-alone
>bits of code, and that does not require any changes to the build
>system. I have tried this with the passwd protected document and
>it is very simple to build a plugin as an abi pier, using a makefile
>formed along the standard abi rules for makefiles. I really hate
>creating makefiles, but this is really easy.

I don't assume as much. I certainly want this to be a (popular) option, but
I see the following happening:

The exporters get turned into plugins (~15)
The importers get turned into plugins (~15)
The image loaders/serializers get turned into plugins (~5)

So there're like 35 plugins that I'd like to see created that aren't by a
3rd party :-)

Dom