Re: Topic: Tables and 1.0

Subject: Re: Topic: Tables and 1.0
From: Leonard Rosenthol (leonardr@lazerware.com)
Date: Fri May 04 2001 - 13:15:43 CDT

At 09:57 AM 5/4/2001 -0400, Pierre Abbat wrote:
>To me the correct way to handle table selection is:

         First of all, there is NO "correct" way. Each approach to tables
and selection in same is valid in the context of the design of the
product. Also, some users prefer different approaches and find others
difficult to manage.

>If you select more than one cell, the selection is a rectangle consisting of
>complete cells.

         What about non-contiguous selection of cells?

         But as you noted there are LOTS of different cases and things to
consider concerning selection (and selection tracking) which are MUCH more
important to design and implementation than layout.

LDR