Re: Topic: Templates and 1.0

Subject: Re: Topic: Templates and 1.0
From: David Chart (linux@dchart.demon.co.uk)
Date: Sun May 06 2001 - 04:56:35 CDT

Just to say that the sketched outline for templates sounds like *exactly*
what I want to see. Good going! One thing...

--On 5/5/01 23:19 -0400 Dom Lachowicz wrote:

> I guess that we could:
>
> 1) Fall back onto our defaults
> 2) "WTF? How did this happen? You actually overrode the read-only
> permissions in the AbiSuite directory? MS Explorer told you not to view
> the contents of this folder, and not to delete the read-only file.
> You're a dumbass. AbiWord is broken and it's completely your fault.
> Learn to deal."
>
> I'm clearnly in favor of #2, with this exact error message. Seriously.

Heh. I'm just picturing the reaction of the tech support guy seeing this
message on the CEO's monitor for the third time...

I'm afraid that I think AbiWord should be dumbass-tolerant. Dumbasses are
your target market.

David Chart