Re: version unnumbered??

Subject: Re: version unnumbered??
From: Larry Kollar (kollar@alltel.net)
Date: Sun May 06 2001 - 07:17:10 CDT

> > 1) how do I have the libraries statically linked?
>
> You compile with the option UNIX_CAN_BUILD_STATIC=1

You shouldn't even need that -- it compiles static & dynamic binaries
by default (unless the current setup has changed since the '14 release).

The wrapper script executes the dynamic-linked binary if it can find
one, if not it goes for the static-linked binary. So look in
/usr/local/AbiSuite/bin for files called "AbiWord_d" and "AbiWord_s"
and remove (or rename) the "AbiWord_d" file -- that's the dynamic
binary.

Once you've done that, next time you run Abi you should get the
statically-linked version.

To compile without building a dynamic, use UNIX_CAN_BUILD_DYNAMIC=0

        Larry