Re: Topic: Tables and 1.0

Subject: Re: Topic: Tables and 1.0
From: Sam TH (sam@uchicago.edu)
Date: Mon May 07 2001 - 04:36:29 CDT

On Mon, May 07, 2001 at 05:51:59PM +1000, Martin Sevior wrote:

> On Sun, 6 May 2001, Leonard Rosenthol wrote:
>

> > I'm confused. Why are number of rows/columns tracked in the
> > table, but their size is in the cell? And is this size the CURRENT size or
> > the defined size (ie. if the user said that he wanted a cell width==20%,
> > what gets stored - the 20% or the actual resolution of that value)? And if
> > that info is in each cell, that potentially means a LOT of iterating of
> > cell data to compute cursor, etc. locatons.
> >

> Yeah. It's proabablly better to put that in the table definition.

That might make the table definition really big. What if the table
looked like this?

. . . . .
. . . . .
...... ..............
. . . .
. . . .
. . . .
. . . .

And so on, repeated for many pages. The table definition would be
huge.

Any ways around this?

sam th --- sam@uchicago.edu --- http://www.abisource.com/~sam/
OpenPGP Key: CABD33FC --- http://samth.dyndns.org/key