Re: Topic: Templates and 1.0

Subject: Re: Topic: Templates and 1.0
From: James Montgomerie (jamie@montgomerie.net)
Date: Mon May 07 2001 - 05:42:56 CDT

On 2001.05.07 07:50:19 +0100 Martin Sevior wrote:

> On Mon, 7 May 2001, Alan Horkan wrote:
> >
> > I dont want to have to localise the word "dumbass" :)
> >

> What is British for "dumbass"?

[Un]fortunately, I think we're sufficiently Americanised for it to work
here too.

> PS. Sorry could couldn't resist. I imagine they are some great ones from
> the Northern Portions of the Isles :-)

Hey, are you implying something about us Scots?

Having said that, I can't really think of a localised substitute that I'd
want to share on a family mailing list :-)

> PPS. en_foul would be an interesting localization, not that I want to
give
> anyone ideas about our highly professional product.

If only it worked everywhere...

Jamie.

Oh, by the way, we're not the only OSS project with a en-gb localisation -
I noticed that Nautilus is (at least partially) localised - I get a
'wastebasket' instead of a 'trashcan'.