Re: FmtMark

Subject: Re: FmtMark
From: Leonard Rosenthol (leonardr@lazerware.com)
Date: Wed May 09 2001 - 09:26:44 CDT

At 12:08 PM 5/8/2001 -0700, WJCarpenter wrote:
>Long ago, a version of AmiPro that I used had a feature that let you
>grab all the formatting info from one place in a document and apply it
>to a selection.

         Such a feature has been around since the (relatively) early days
of graphical WP's. I believe that I implemented it in FullWrite around 1990.

>I think their icon for it was an eye-dropper. I
>guess the metaphor was supposed to be sucking up formatting and
>splashing it onto the other place.

         The eye-dropper is a nice metaphor for this feature, and is the
one that is in common use today in many products having originated in
graphics software. All Adobe applications (including InDesign,
Illustrator, etc.) support this.

         Should be an easy (and USEFUL) addition to AW ...

Leonard